photo NavFB_zps01db7b1c.png photo NavTwit_zps4138f1c0.png photo NavIG_zps71c268ba.png photo NavPin_zps557b34c7.png

Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Time for Thanks

This is a time of year when the leaves start to change and fall, the weather gets colder, the scarves get thicker and an overall sense of gratitude fills the air. I believe that mid-November through the New Year is a time of year when people are given time off for so many holidays that there is a sense of togetherness and love that you just can't avoid. It doesn't hurt that trees are on display and lights begin to guide your dark drive home. I for one absolutely love this time of year. My birthday was not too long ago and I like the time spent together with friends and family. I hate the cold. Hate the snow. And hate scraping ice off of my car. But otherwise.. it's not too shabby.
I decided long ago that I would not let sale prices and extended hours ruin my holidays or warm spirit. I pledge not to shop at all on Thanksgiving and if I don't have the time on "Black Friday" either.. oh well. I used to work at a place that would open at midnight Thanksgiving night. For me, those extra hours absolutely killed my holiday spirit. I couldn't sleep correctly, I was stressed and worst of all I couldn't even enjoy my holidays because I knew work was looming.. only a few hours away.
I hope that all of you are able to enjoy your holidays however it is that you enjoy them. Maybe that is by shopping, maybe you even shop with your family! Or maybe you stay in with your boyfriends' family, in your PJ pants and play board games ;) either way, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

My List of Thanks: 
  •  My education, and that I have a great assistantship
  • My family, for always being there & giving me many laughs
  • My boyfriend for dealing with my high highs and my low lows and for never his never failing love 
  • The blessing of having the means to pay the bills, turn on the heat and eat a good meal

No comments:

Post a Comment